Combing a good skincare routine with plenty of exercise, drinking lots of water and feeding your skin from the inside out you will be on your way to have beautiful radiant skin. And with that in mind here our our top 15 top food for amazing skin.
1. Berries – they are not only great for curbing a sweet craving which are using packed full of refined sugar, they are crammed full of Vitamin C and antioxidants which have amazing benefits for your skin. That’s not all they are full of fibre too.
2. Olive Oil is not just good for your heart it may be good at protecting you from developing skin cancer such a melanoma. It is packed with antioxidants keeping your skin looking great.
3. Garlic is full of antioxidants which can boost your immune system and help cold symptoms. If that wasn’t enough the humble garlic is also great for your skin.
4. Kale should be classed as a superfood. It is loaded with Vitamins A, B complex, C, E and K which does wonders for your skin! Why not try some Kale crisps or adding some to your vegetable soup?
5. Kiwi – One kiwi accounts for more than your daily need of Vitamin C – who would of thought this little fruit could pack such a punch! Vitamin C keeps the skin hydrated which has great results for your skin.
6. Pumpkin Seeds are high in vitamin E, zinc and omega 3 & 6 fatty acids which will make your skin and hair looking and feeling great.
7. Sunflower Seeds contain a high amount of Vitamin E which is essential for healthy skin. Try adding these to a salad or stir fry they taste delicious.
8. Tomatoes contain an antioxidant called lycopene which increases the skins natural SPF and when they are cooked this is increased significantly.
9. Avocados are not only great for your skin but for your hair too. They are packed full of good fats. They are a great source of Vitamin C & E which are essential for great looking skin. Avocado oil is thought to stimulate the production of collagen in the skin which reduces lines and wrinkles.
10. Broccoli is another veggie that should definitely have the status of superfood in our book! Packed with essential antioxidants such as Vitamins A, B complex, C, E, and K which all help to add luminosity to the skin and revive damaged tissue. It’s inexpensive and a must on your shopping list as it is so versatile you can add it to a salad, stir fry or simply steam it for a side dish.
11. Eggs are full of vitamins but most importantly selenium and protein which give your skin a clear complexion.
12. Spinach is a great source of Vitamins B, C, and E, potassium, calcium, iron, magnesium, and omega-3 fatty acids. This is the perfect solution for great looking skin and hair. Simply swap your lettuce in your salad to some spinach leaves and you are on your way.
13. Nuts are high in fat but good fats so don’t be afraid to incorporate them into your diet. They are also high in Vitamin E & calcium which is essential for healthy skin. They make the perfect healthy snack.
14. Mackerel and other oily fish such as salmon is loaded with monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats and Vitamin E and B12. They are essential fatty acids which will give your skin and hair a radiant glow.
15. Bell Peppers are packed full of antioxidants which fight the ageing process.
Finally make sure to keep yourself hydrated by drinking at least 8 glasses of water per day and more if you are exercising. You could also substitute some of the glasses of water for green tea or peppermint with both containing antioxidants which will improve your skin.
With the risk of sounding cliche – You most definitely are what you eat!
photo credit: <a href=”https://www.flickr.com/photos/47217301@N06/7365193246/”>Shan Sheehan</a> via <a href=”https://photopin.com”>photopin</a> <a href=”https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nd/2.0/”>cc</a>