As part of our Virtual Advent Calendar we have some amazing chef recipes.
Celebrity TV chef Edward Hayden will be doing an IGTV takeover making his festive tropical mince pies.
Tropical Mince Pies
We are just giving the classical a contemporary twist!
- Apple puree (4 apples)
- Zest 2 lemons
- 200g butter
- 110g mixed peel
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 150g currants
- 300g raisins
- 150g sultanas
- 300g brown sugar
- 70ml Irish whiskey
- Add zest and juice of lemons to apple puree and one by one add the rest of the ingredients. Mix thoroughly. Put into a saucepan and bring to the boil. Transfer to sterile jars. Allow to mature for up to two weeks.
- 300g plain flour
- 125g caster sugar
- 150g butter
- 1 egg
- Put all ingredients into mixer and mix until bound together.
- Wrap in cling film and allow to rest.
- 250g plain flour
- 110g caster sugar
- 110g butter
- 50g desiccated coconut
- Rub all the ingredients together. Add a little ground cinnamon if you wish.
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4
- Grease and line your tin.
- Cut out discs of pastry and use them to line a 12 cup bun tray/mini muffin tin.
- Spoon some of the mincemeat into each of the pastry line cups and then top with the crumble topping.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes and serve with some freshly whipped cream with the addition of Irish whiskey.