Homebird is a new range of pre-cooked, ready to serve sliced Irish chicken and turkey that is 100% Bord Bia approved. Homebird is also the only range to use quality sliced chicken and turkey that has been raised on Irish farms.
Homebird is produced by three Irish families long-established in the fresh food industry. Committed and passionate about the Irish food industry, they have come together to be the first in Ireland to use the highest quality sliced chicken and turkey that has been raised on Irish farms. Created by O’Brien Fine Foods, the people behind the Brady Family brand, who are experts in cooking great tasting, quality meats since 1978. Homebird chicken is sourced from Manor Farm, industry experts since 1775, while Homebird turkey is sourced from Hogan’s Farm, experts in the business since 1962. With the shared belief that Irish produce is best, Homebird promises to provide consumers with great tasting, Bord Bia approved, quality Irish chicken and turkey.
Homebird is available in three delicious flavours and the range includes ‘Sliced Carvery’ and ‘Just Add’ varieties that are cooked and ready to serve. Consumers will be inspired by new taste and flavours combinations, experiencing real food convenience without the compromise. The Homebird range includes traditional Irish roast chicken and turkey, sweet and smoky and garlic and herb chicken making it ideal for picnics in the park, school lunches or as part of a home-cooked meal.
We have teamed up with Homebird to create three unique, simple and delicious recipes using Homebird chicken and turkey to suit every type of lifestyle.
Homebird Chicken, Avocado and Pomegranate Salad
For the dressing:
- Zest & juice from 1 medium orange
- 4 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
For the salad:
- 1 bag mixed leaves, washed & ready to eat
- 2 packs Homebird Irish roast chicken pieces
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 50g pistachio nuts, lightly toasted
- 40g pomegranate seeds
- For the dressing, combine ingredients in a small clean jam jar. Place lid on tightly then shake to combine.
- Place lettuce in a large bowl. Spoon over 2 tbsp of the dressing and toss to coat the leaves. Add Homebird chicken pieces and avocado slices. Scatter over pistachios and pomegranate, then drizzle with another 1-2 tbsp of dressing. Enjoy straight away.
- Tip: Use half the ingredients if wanting to make this salad for your work lunch. Then simply place sliced avocado in a small airtight and leak proof container with 2-3 tbsp of the dressing. This will keep the avocado from turning brown. Place other ingredients in a larger airtight container. When ready to eat, simply add the avocado with dressing to the salad and enjoy.
Homebird Chicken & Lemon Hummus Wraps
- 1 small tub plain hummus
- Juice from half a lemon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Homebird Irish roast chicken pieces
- Lettuce leaves, rinsed and patted dry
- Tomato, rinsed and sliced
- Spoon hummus into a small bowl. Add lemon juice, olive oil and a pinch of salt. Mix to combine. Taste for seasoning, add more salt if needed. (Tip: If you like a really tangy flavour, add more lemon juice.) Set aside.
- Optional, warm wraps on a heated griddle pan or dry frying pan. Remove from pan and place on a wooden board or plate. Allow to cool slightly if a bit too warm.
- Spread 3-4 tablespoons of lemon hummus onto wrap. Arrange Homebird chicken pieces, lettuce and tomato slices on the wrap in a line down the centre. Fold over both ends of the wrap to close. Enjoy.
Homebird Turkey Avocado Bagels
- Salt & pepper
- Seeded bagels, cut in half horizontally
- Homebird Irish roast turkey slices
- Tomato, rinsed and sliced
- Mixed leaves, rinsed and patted dry
- Scoop avocado out of its skin and into a small bowl. Add a pinch of salt and pepper then roughly mash with a fork. Taste for seasoning and add more salt and pepper if needed.
- Spread about 1-2 tablespoons of mashed avocado on the bottom half of the sliced bagel. Arrange lettuce leaves on top, followed by a few slices of tomato. Finally, top with slices of Homebird turkey.
- Spread another 1-2 tablespoons of mashed avocado on the top half of the bagel on the cut side, then place on top of the turkey to finish off the bagel sandwich.
Homebird is available in supermarkets nationwide in 90g and 100g for €3.50 or two packs for €6.