White Chocolate & Hazelnut Doughnut Filling
Patrick Ryan’s white chocolate and hazelnut filling is delicious. Make this the day before it’s needed so that it can set in the fridge overnight before using to fill your delicious doughnuts. Watch his full masterclass here.
- 300ml fresh cream
- 3 leaves gelatine
- 65g white chocolate, finely chopped
- 40g praline paste
- 50g roasted hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- Place the gelatine leaves into a small bowl and pour in enough cold water to cover them completely. Leave to bloom and soften.
- In a separate bowl, add the white chocolate and praline paste, set aside.
- Pour the cream into a clean saucepan and heat gently over medium heat. When the cream starts to steam and bubble around the edges, remove from heat. Squeeze out excess water from gelatine and add the soft gelatine sheets to the scalded cream. Stir together until gelatine has completely dissolved.
- Pour the cream over the white chocolate and praline. Leave to sit for 1 minute, then stir together to form a smooth ganache.
- Cover the ganache with clingfilm and place in the fridge overnight to allow gelatine to set.
- When ready to use, place the set ganache into the bowl of a stand mixer and whip. Transfer to a piping bag and use to generously fill cooled doughnuts. Top each doughnut with chopped hazelnuts.