What’s better than a big bowl of cheesy nachos?! This is the perfect nacho recipe and great for movie nights or a delicious indulgent snack.
For the nachos:
- 1 (200g) large bag plain tortilla chips
- 250g mild or spicy salsa (see recipe below to make your own
- 50g sliced green jalapeños, fresh or from a jar
- 100g Dubliner red cheese, grated
- 100g Dubliner white cheese, grated
- Serve with guacamole (see recipe below)
For the salsa:
- 4 tomatoes, seeds removed & finely diced
- ¼ red onion, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- Juice from ½ lime
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 fresh jalapeño, finely chopped (optional)
- Pinch of salt
For the guacamole:
- 2 ripe avocadoes
- ½ lime
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 1 tbsp chopped red chilli (optional)
- Salt & pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C / 180°C fan assisted / gas 6.
- To make the salsa, combine all ingredients in a small bowl and mix. Taste for seasoning and add more salt if needed. Set aside.
- For the nachos, scatter tortilla chips in a shallow oven proof dish. Spoon over the salsa then scatter over jalapeños. Scatter grated cheese on top.
- Bake in pre-heated oven for about 5 minutes, just long enough to melt the cheese.
- While nachos are baking, prepare the guacamole.
- Roughly mash avocadoes with a squeeze of lime juice in a medium sized bowl using a fork. Mix in the green onion, coriander and chilli (if using). Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove nachos from the oven. Serve immediately with freshly made guacamole and sour cream.