Fyffes Banana Stuffed French Toast
- 2 eggs
- 60ml milk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 thick slices brioche bread
- 2 bananas
- Icing sugar, to serve
- Whisk together eggs, milk and vanilla, then pour into a shallow dish. Heat a large pan over medium high heat, then add the butter and oil to the pan.
- Dip the brioche slices in the egg mix, coating both sides, then arrange in the pan. Lower heat to medium and cook for 2-3 minutes on either side until golden.
- Remove from the pan and arrange slices of banana on two of the cooked brioche slices. Sandwich together with the remaining slices, then cut each French toast sandwich into two diagonally and arrange on plates. Dust with icing sugar to serve.
- Also delicious served with a dusting of cinnamon or nutmeg, or drizzled with maple syrup. A dollop of crème fraiche would also be a perfect accompaniment.