Keelings Eton Mess
This classic dessert makes the most of gorgeous ripe strawberries. It’s quick to make, and is always a pleaser!
- 2 punnets Keelings strawberries, rinsed and hulled
- 4 meringue nests, roughly broken
- 400ml double cream
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Place half of the strawberries in a food processor and process until puréed.
- Take two of the remaining strawberries and cut them in half, reserve for garnish. Roughly chop the remaining strawberries, set aside.
- Combine cream, sugar and vanilla in a large bowl and whip until thick with firm peaks. Add puréed strawberries to the cream and lightly fold in. Add the chopped strawberries and broken meringue pieces and gently fold in just until it is mostly mixed. Avoid over-mixing as you want to see lovely streaks of red and white going through the mixture.
- Divide pudding into 4 dessert bowls and top each one with half a strawberry. Serve immediately.
- It is not advised to make Eton Mess ahead as the meringue will dissolve, but, you can prepare the ingredients ahead of time, keeping the strawberries and whipped cream in the fridge and mixing together just before serving.