Tesco Marmalade Glazed Ham in 5 Simple Steps
Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 2.5-3 hours
- 2kg smoked or unsmoked ham
- 3l apple juice (water if needed)
- 1 leek
- 3 stalks celery
- 2 carrots
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 340g orange marmalade
- 195g light muscovado sugar
- 1 tbsp fresh grated ginger, optional
- Whole cloves
- Place ham in large pot then add apple juice, vegetables, cinnamon and bay. Top up with water if needed so that the ham is submerged. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 20mins per 450g. Use a spoon to remove and discard any scum on the surface while cooking.
- Preheat oven to 190°C/170°C fan/gas 5.
- For the glaze, mix marmalade & sugar in saucepan then heat on medium heat. Add ginger if using, then stir until sugar has dissolved, remove from heat.
- Remove the ham from the pot and leave to stand for about 10 minutes until cool enough to handle. Trim away the rind and score the fat diagonally one way, then the other so it makes a diamond pattern. Stud the diamonds with whole cloves and place in a roasting tray.
- Pour or spoon the glaze over ham, making sure it gets into the crevices. Bake for 20-30 minutes, basting, until glaze has caramelised.
- Serve hot or cold.
- Ham can be made up to 2 days ahead and served cold. If you want to serve it warm, it’s best to make it on the day as it needs the same amount of time to re-heat as it does to cook.
- The glaze can be made up to 2 days ahead and kept in a clean jar in the fridge.