Waffles with Salted Caramel, Banana and Berries
Siúcra’s Waffles with Salted Caramel, Banana and Berries are perfect for a lazy weekend morning and sure to sweeten any day. This recipes makes a batch of 16 fluffy waffles, which are ideal for serving a crowd. Sugar cooked down to a caramel, then blended with cream and a pinch of sea salt, makes a smooth and decadent sauce. Serve warm waffles with ice-cream, fresh in-season berries and banana and drizzle with salted caramel sauce for an indulgent dessert or a brunch worth getting out of bed for. Any leftover salted caramel sauce can be stored in a jar and used to pour over sponge puddings, chocolate cake, cupcakes and any sweet treats you fancy.
- 4 eggs
- 300 g flour
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tbsp Siúcra Granulated Sugar
- 50 g melted butter
- 600 ml milk
- Waffle iron
- Separate the eggs and place the egg whites in a large bowl.
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff and set to one side.
- Sift the flour and bicarbonate of soda into a separate bowl.
- Add Siúcra Granulated Sugar, egg yolks, melted butter and mix.
- Add the milk, stirring constantly, until you have a smooth mixture.
- Fold in the egg whites.
- Pour the mixture into a preheated waffle iron and bake until golden brown.
SALTED CARAMEL SAUCE
- 50 g butter
- 150 g Siúcra Light Golden Brown Sugar
- 300 ml whipping cream
- 1 pinch of salt flakes
- Place the butter, salt and Siúcra Light Golden Brown Sugar into a small saucepan.
- Heat gently and stir occasionally until everything is dissolved.
- Raise the heat and add the cream when it starts to bubble.
- Stir and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
Serve waffles with ice-cream, berries and banana and drizzle the salted caramel sauce over the top.
For more information on Siúcra products and / or recipes visit:www.siucra.ie